Health, Safety, & Security Protocols
VISITORS ON CAMPUS
Visitors will be allowed on campus for purposes related to student instruction and support, mentoring, enrollment, tours, and orientation. These include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduled conferences/meetings related to academic or social emotional needs of a student.
- Grade-level orientation sessions; School tours
- Partner services related to academic or social emotional needs of students
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROTOCOLS
Parents and guardians may wait with their children in designated entrances or pick-up areas of the school, but will not be allowed to walk children to their classroom.
There is no during-the-day drop-off of items (i.e. water bottles, lunches, back packs, islands, etc.). There may be limited and one-time exceptions, but should a pattern develop, administration may address the issue.
Parents and guardians are welcomed to visit their children during lunch time.
- Children must remain in the cafeteria with their class during lunch.
- Due to space, bringing younger siblings is discouraged.
- Parents may bring lunch for their child(ren) only.
- Parents may not just drop off lunches – must be present.
- Parents must check-out in the office immediately after lunch.
VOLUNTEERS ON CAMPUS
Volunteers are welcomed on campus for purposes related to student instruction and support.
- Class Reading Volunteers
- Copy Parent
- Office Volunteer
- Chaperoning Field Trips
- Staff, PTA, and CAC meetings
+ All volunteers must complete the Austin Partners in Education (APIE) process for volunteer certification to be eligible to volunteer on campus and/or chaperone field trips.
+ Eligible volunteers in the building must follow all required safety and security protocols (i.e. visitor badges, drill participation, etc.).
+ While masks are optional, it is highly recommended that all eligible building volunteers and field trip chaperones be fully vaccinated.